OVERVIEW - ABOUT US
Spices Board (Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India) is the flagship organization for the development and worldwide promotion of Indian spices. The Board is an international link between the Indian exporters and the importers abroad. The Board has been spearheading activities for excellence of Indian spices, involving every segment of the industry. The Board has made quality and hygiene the corner stones for its development and promotional strategies.
Multi faceted activities
- Promotion of exports of spices and spice products
- Maintenance and monitoring of quality of exports
- Development and implementation of better production methods, through scientific, technological and economic research.
- Guidance to farmers on getting higher and better quality yields through scientific agricultural practices.
- Provision of financial and material support to growers.
- Encouraging organic production and export of spices.
- Facilitating infrastructure for processing and value addition
- Registration and licensing of all spice exporters.
- Assistance for studies and research on better processing practices, foolproof quality management systems, improved grading methods and effective packaging techniques.
- Production of promotional and educative materials in a variety of media for the benefit of exporters and importers.
Package of services for importers
- Helps importers and exporters in establishing mutual contact.
- Identifies competent supply sources for specific requirements of importers
- Processes and forwards foreign trade enquiries to reliable exporters.
- Organises a common platform for interaction between Indian exporters and international buyers through the World Spice Congress.
- Examines each complaint from importers for corrective and preventive action.
- Spearheads the quality improvement programme for Indian spices.
- Manages a comprehensive and up-to-date data bank for exporters and importers.
- Brings together international bodies, exporters and policy makers through contact group programmes.
- Makes India’s presence felt in major international food fairs; conducts food festivals and cooking demonstrations.